Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The pitter patter of little paws.

 Recently my friend Jill's lovely whippet Harley passed away.  Understandably we were all very upset so it came as a huge surprise and great excitement when Jill told us she had been offered a new puppy!  Not only from the same breeder but Harleys great nephew.  Jill's other dog Jetta loved having a brother so we hope Darcey will help her get over the loss and they will soon be firm friends.  

I wanted to make a special card to welcome little Darcey (yep Mr Darcey) into the fold. So I made this wee card for Jill and Jetta.

I often use the Just add Ink blog for inspirations but hadn't submitted a card into there challenge or blogged since 2015!  So I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do both.

This #541 challenge is to use a blended background.

I sponged the background and stamped the Toitoi (plants).  The silhouette images I found on the internet and cut them out with black card stock.  Sorry I can't remember where I got them from.



Cuddles with his new mum.







4 comments:

Patrice said...

Long time between posts, but so great to see you back getting some inspiration & joining the challenge fun. Your card is fabulous & so is Mr Darcy. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Jan said...

So lovely to see you back playing along at JAI again. Your blended background is beautiful and creates such a fabulous scene for your silhouettes to pop. Mr Darcy looks very cute and happy and at home already! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week and hope to see you back again soon. x

Chantell Randall said...

Haha....I don't know if these JAI ladies know who you are! Funny huh!
Cool card and cute reason to give a card. Which reminds me.....I received a fun Rainbow card in the post this week! Thank you Hee Hee. Chantell Just Add Ink

Rochelle Blok said...

So great to see you back creating and blogging! The blended background makes for a beautiful silhouette scene! Such a special card to make for your friend to welcome her new gorgeous puppy. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo