Monday, March 2, 2009

ARMADALE REPTILE CENTRE

When Chantell asked me what I wanted to do while I was in Australia I immediately said "hold a snake"! So Chantell, Sarah and I went to Armdale Reptile Centre.
The centre is full of snakes but also has an array of lizards, turtles, birds, frogs and other animals.

This is Sarah and I looking at a South American Boa Constrictor. He is 14 years old and weighs around 25kg, twice as heavy as Sarah (3 years).

I was able to help put him in his cage. It took 4 of us, he was so strong. I was pleased to get the tail end.




Sarah was very happy to pat his tail.

The South American Boa Constrictor.

I really love the little frogs
This one was stuck to the glass.



Sarah loved the crocodile. Chantell had to keep lifting her up to look in it's enclosure.

I really loved the centres collection of native birds.


A Tawny Frogmouth.

I was also able to hold this Carpet Python a common snake to the area. Sarah was very gentle patting him. I was amazed at how soft he felt!

We had a great day!






1 comment:

A said...

oh i love that last picture! you are a natural snake handler! remind me to tell you my snake stories from when i was a zoo keeper!