Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Survived a shark encounter!

Chantell took me to AQWA, Aquarium of Western Australia, where we discovered the incredible and unique marine life of Western Australia.











Chantell inside the tunnel, look at the huge stingray. Everything looks 1/3 smaller through the glass!


They had shallow rock pools to look at. See the big fish looking back at Chantell?

Being a fish lover (looking not eating) it was great to see some of the local aquatic life.


I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dive with sharks and turtles so I took the plunge!
I was a little nervous the night before but it wasn't until I saw the shark and all it's teeth that I was beginning to wonder what I was doing.
I'm going to be in there soon!
After signing a waver ( if the shark eats you it's not your fault) the dive master took us out the back to explain it was a good idea not to aggravate the sharks.


Here I come.

Let me out! Let me out!


I just saw a shark.


Here he comes.


Woh that stingray is huge.

A baby turtle looks just like the one on finding nemo. So cute.

Brian the dive master.




AQWA had a wonderful selection of exhibits.






One of the fun exhibits was the touch and feel tank. The fish, little stingray, starfish are able to be patted. They even come up to the surface to let you touch them.


A Lion fish or grumpy rock as we call it.

No it's not a plant it's a sea dragon.

Moray eel.
Clown fish

What a great day!

No comments: